Monday, April 11, 2011

My idea of Fast Food

Okay so I know I'm not reinventing the wheel here, but this meal is just so good I had to share! One of the things I miss most about eating gluten is the occasional fast food meal. Today when the craving hit I prepared my own little  fried chicken sandwich complete with french fries. Before you get too excited after seeing the Wendy's bag in the picture, although Wendy's does offer a list of gluten free menu items, they still don't offer a gluten free sandwich. Here is what I did to make my own: I toasted a Gillian's  french roll, threw some Bell and Evan's gluten-free fried chicken in the oven for 25 minutes, add the typical fixings to the sandwich and voila!  I also ran to Wendy's to grab some french fries too! To make the meal quicker you could always order grilled chicken from Wendy's and just add it to your gluten-free bun. For some reason I always feel bad after eating their grilled chicken though-does that happen to anyone else?

Hope you guys try this when that fast food craving hits! Happy faux fast-fooding! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment