Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Favorite Gluten Free Pizzas

As an American it's part of our DNA to love pizza, so why should Celiacs miss out? Luckily, more and more pizza places are joining the gluten-free revolution and providing a gluten free option. And why wouldn't they when you can freeze a crust, pop it onto some paper, and cook everything the same way (keeping in mind a few cross contamination rules)? After trying a ton of different gluten free pizzas, here are my top 3 favorites. If you have a chance, I highly suggest trying one! (These are in no particular order, I don't know how I would pick between them!)

Craig O's Pizza:
Craig O's
Locations are only in Austin, San Marcos, and the surrounding areas, but definitely worth the trip! The crust is as close to a deep dish crust I've found. The crust is fluffy in the middle, but crunchy on the outside-perfection! I've driven an hour out of my way to get a craig o's pizza before-they are amazing!  



Pink's Pizza







Pink's Pizza: Locations are all over the Houston area. The crust was thin and crispy. Their speciality pizzas make a huge difference too! I shared my gluten free pizza with a non-gluten free person and she said she'd never be able to tell the difference if she didn't know it was gluten-free. Yumm!




Z Pizza
Z Pizza:  You can find a Z Pizza chain in almost every state. The crust is thin and soft, but absent of any type of gluten-free taste. And just like Pink's, they also offer many variations that are gluten-free. I had the bbq chicken pizza and it was incredible! Definitely worth a try! 




No comments:

Post a Comment